Slam Magazine, XXL and Adidas hooked up with Mick Boogie to celebrate the Nets coming to BK with a special mixtape called Brooklyn Originals.
The idea behind the Brooklyn Originals project came from not only my love and respect for Brooklyn hip-hop artists and their music but also my excitement for the upcoming NBA season and the new era of basketball in New York. I thought it would be cool to combine the logos and imaging of two of the biggest brands out right now–the BROOKLYN Nets and adidas ORIGINALS–into a mixtape project that represented hip-hop to the fullest. Musically, some of my favorite hip-hop memories were listening to and getting to know legendary Brooklyn crews like Duck Down, Black Star and Digable Planets and I have always wanted to do an all-Brooklyn themed project.
The tape features Brooklynites (among others) Talib Kweli, Sene, Mr. MFN eXquire, Skyzoo and a brand new track by MC Lyte. You can read an interview with her about the BK and this new tune here.
- Intro: Donwill & Spec Boogie (Produced by nVMe)
- MC Lyte – Dope Style (Produced by Caviar & OZ)
- Troy Ave – Dope Boy (Produced by DJ Uneek)
- CJ Fly/Kirk Knight/Rokamouth – And Eye Ain’t Late (Produced by Backpack Beatz)
- Talib Kweli & Busta Rhymes – Follow The Leader
- Tanya Morgan – Gatekeepers (Produced by Von Pea)
- Maffew Ragazino – Got 2 Love It (Produced by Bink!)
- Mr. MFN eXquire – Draped In Gold (Brooklyn Originals Interlude)
- Nitty Scott, MC – Queen Of Kings (Produced by 6th Sense)
- Skyzoo and Torae – Talk Shit (Produced by nVMe)
- Outro: Sene. (Produced by Chi Duly)